This Week at SCB: 9/25-9/29
Good Evening SCB Families!
Here’s a glance at what’s happening this week, what’s coming up, and some notes I think are important for our community to know.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- Band rehearsal begins in McCusker Hall from 8:00AM-8:30AM. Students will report directly to band rehearsal upon arrival at school. Please Note: At this time rehearsals are for advanced students only. “Advanced” means this is your child’s second or third year playing an instrument – here or at another school. Beginner students will start rehearsals after they have learned some fundamentals on their instruments and will be comfortable participating in a group. Please see Mrs. Cataldo’s 9/23 email for more details.
- PTA pumpkin painting from 6:30PM-8:30PM. See the attached flyer for more information.
- Forms on Genesis
Please remember to log onto Genesis to read and electronically sign the Family Handbook, the Acceptable Use Policy for technology, and the Photo Release Form.
- Keeping a Healthy School Environment
Even though the year has just begun and we have a ways to go until cold/flu season, I’d like to remind everyone of the standard practices regarding sick children at school. Following these practices helps curb the spread of disease and keeps our community healthy and safe.
- Always keep children home who feel sick.
- Only allow a child to return to school after being fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medicine. Children who have been sent home from school during the school day due to fever should not return the following day.
- Frequently remind children about the importance of washing/disinfecting hands and covering mouth and nose when coughing/sneezing.
- Reporting Student Absence
Please call our phone system to report a student absence. Select Option 2. Absences should be reported to the school as early as possible the day of the absence.
- Communication with the School During the Day
Please remember that any communication with the school about your child during a regular school day should be done through the Main Office, the Nurse’s Office, or the Guidance Office. Please refrain from addressing teachers or aides while they are supervising or instructing students during school hours.
- Injured Students During Fire Drills
We currently have a handful of students on crutches which prompted a question prior to our most recent fire drill, “What should injured students on the second floor do during a fire drill?” The following protocol addresses this question.
- Injured students will select two (2) buddies who will assist them during evacuations going down stairs and through doorways.
- One student will carry crutches or other devices, the other student will assist him/her down the stairs.
That’s all for this week. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions, comments, or concerns.
God’s richest blessings to all our families!