for the 2023-2024 School Year
PROFILE OF A SAINT CHARLES BORROMEO TEACHER
We set the following traits and characteristics as ideals to which our teachers strive:
- Faith-filled. As a Catholic school whose core values come from Scripture and Church teaching, it
is necessary that our teachers be grounded and well-versed in our Catholic faith.
Communication of our faith to our students is a primary role of the teacher.
- Enthusiastic. When teachers are excited for learning, so are their students! We want to instill a
genuine love for learning and a perpetual spirit of inquiry among our students. Therefore,
teachers must be visibly enthusiastic about all aspects of learning.
- Collaborative. Within each grade cluster (K-2, 3-5, 6-8) teachers coordinate lessons, content,
and activities to ensure students receive a solid educational experience. It is a priority for us
that teachers share best practices and work together for the benefit of our students.
- Compassionate. In the same way that students are learning content, they are also learning
appropriate behavior. In addition, each student comes to us with experience and context that
shapes their behavior. We always strive to see the student behind the behavior, and teach
them what is appropriate and why.
All teachers must fulfill the following requirements:
- Design effective learning activities through weekly lesson planning.
- Deliver age appropriate content using age appropriate methods of instruction.
- Assess learning activities to gauge the effectiveness of a lesson, and measure student progress.
- Record grades and communicate student progress with parents.
- Set behavioral expectations in accord with the school’s Code of Conduct, and follow through with fairness and consistency.
- Ensure the classroom environment clearly communicates our Catholic faith.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with parents through regular communication.
Send cover letter and resume to Mr. Jeffrey Johnson, Principal (email@example.com).